Monk Stats and Attributes
Diablo 3 includes several character stat attributes, including 4 core stats. Each class has one primary core attribute. Character stat attributes are not assigned by the player, but allocated to the character automatically. As the character progresses and levels up, stat attributes increase. Details on the rate at which stat attributes increase has yet to be disclosed.
The primary stat attribute for the Monk is Dexterity, it determines the power of attacks executed by the Monk and also the Monks ability dodge incoming attacks. According to Blizzard, targeting stats at specific classes reduces the extent of item overlap and increases the diversity of the item pool, thus making it easier for players to conclude if an item is useful or not for their character.
Monk Gear Progression
Like most Blizzard games, progression in Diablo 3 is as much about Gear as it is about level. Stats and attributes are no longer allocated by players, but increase automatically as characters level up. While these stats and attributes do contribute to the magnitude of skill damage, the primary variable effecting skill damage is itemized Weapons damage.
Despite unified gear progression across the classes, gear itemization and class-specific items allow for diversity beyond skills defined by class, talent builds and Runestones. Armor and weapons unique to the Monk include Spirit Stones, Fist Weapons and two-handed Daibo.
Monk Stats Priorities
The primary core stat for Monks is Dexterity. The Dexterity attribute increases the damage output of the Monk and increases the ability of the Monk to dodge incoming attacks.
Strength is the core stat/attribute of the Barbarian class.
- Strength determines the power of attacks executed by the Barbarian
- Strength determines the amount of Armor the Barbarian possesses
Dexterity is the core stat/attribute of your Monk ad the Demon Hunter.
- Dexterity determines the power of attacks executed by your Monk and the Witch Doctor class
- Dexterity determines the ability of your Monk to dodge
Intellect is the core stat/attribute of the Witch Doctor and Wizard classes.
- Intellect determines the power of spells cast by the Witch Doctor and the Wizard
- Intellect determines the amount of health your Monk gains from Health Globes
Vitality is the core stat/attribute that directly affects the health pool of all Diablo 3 classes.
- Vitality determines the amount of Health your Monk possess